AT SIMON LEVER
Before joining Simon Lever in 2019, Matt spent four years as sole practitioner/owner of a CPA firm providing tax prep, payroll admin, business and individual accounting, tax consulting and planning, and business setup/startup. With a concentrated focus on complex individual tax returns, Matt plays a pivotal role in maximizing the success of each client. He is a key member of the Tax Department.
Bringing more than 20 years of tax experience, Matt’s achievements and history are vast. Matt spent several years as an auditor for the PA Department of the Auditor General. He also has multiple years of experience as an Accounts Receivable Manager, SEC Accountant, and Assistant Director of Financial Reporting for PHEAA. For eight years Matt held the position of Director of Student Accounts and Cashiering, Director of Accounting Services, Executive Director of Accounting Services, and Controller at HACC. This education experience was further followed by three months as a contracted interim controller at Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster.
Matt is the father of two very high-tech sons. In his spare time he is a very avid fly fisherman for wild trout.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- B.S. Accounting, Lock Haven University
- MBA Strategic Leadership, Amberton University
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- National Association of Tax Professionals, Member
Elizabethville Area Community Alliance, Former Board Member